Tuesday, January 5, 2010

PMI-Creative Thinking



What is PMI? A list that Edward D Bono has come up with to help us get out of automatic.  How often have you made an emotional decision just like I did a minute ago while purchasing about 6 design books.....without even thinking. Now, if I had used PMI, I might not have purchased the books so fast and furiously...So what is PMI?



Plus
Minus
Interesting.



You make up your question.  List all of the pluses, then all of the minuses....then what interesting facts you have stumbled upon, or interesting observations you have had regarding the question.

PMI is great for slowing you down to look at a question critically. To stop you in your tracks so that you can get a better read on any situation...unlike me when I bought the 6 design books..As I write this I am now reminded to do PMI with every question and purchase I make.  It will sure help me to examine what I am doing before I do it and possibly make a mistake.  I would love to hear from you how you might use, or if you are using PMI, how you use it.  PMI,   a critcal thinking skill.....

4 comments:

A1Azen said...

I would only amend "the" critical thinking tool, to "a" critical thinking tool. I know this only because I'm so damn critical! : )

Love ya CMK

marie french said...

Thanks A1Azen!! I am fixing that now. Funny thing is I used to live in Jacksonville, Fla. Used to travel that same road, and I agree it was conjested when I left in 1997.

A1Azen said...

Let me guess - You left to open a Surf Shop on the Jersey Shore because the surf in PVB sucks! : )

marie french said...

No Actually I am in Texas now, so hiking is more the mode of sport..I can't open your emails or I wouldn't be making you come to the blog...Give me a guess CMK? And you are right the surf does suck in PV except when there is a good storm, and of course no sharks....