Monday, May 28, 2007

reasons to buy vintage....




I just read a post by Lulu's vintage, and tagsaletales.blogspot.com and they gave a sweet list of why to buy vintage...here is the list with my own french vintage twist....
1. Don't participate in the mad rush to the mall...walk down the path less trodden, create....don't duplicate.
2. Save some money...Vintage is usually better quality for less money.
3. Authenticity-Vintage and antiques have a patina, a story, a beauty all their own..like each one of us..
4. Support small business-It's a great feeling to support the moms and pops of business, knowing you are not supporting large corporations that are not only lining their pockets, but raping us all of the resources our children will need in the future...
5. Uniqueness-Vintage pieces are usually one of a kind....like you and I.
6. History-Like I said before each piece has a story a history to share.
7. Craftsmanship-Many pieces I have found I could never duplicate as the handwork is by far superior, and would cost triple if not more to reproduce...
8. It's the ultimate eco-gift/purchase...no landfill packaging, no use of resources....
9. Vintage has a style all it's own..I love the way vintage pieces can be mixed and matched to make a statement all their own...
10. I love the stories, patinas, chips, distressed, worn, and loved feeling each piece brings to my home and into my life, adding layers and uniqueness, just like moments in our day.

No comments: