Tuesday, May 22, 2007

finally time to put the sweaters up!




Okay...It is finally time to put up the wool sweaters. I either wash them on gentle/cold and pat them dry in a towel-then I let them sit outside in the sun to dry; or I bring them to the dry cleaners. Before I store them I make sure to tuck my trusty cedar sachet into the chest of the folded sweater and then I close them up in a gallon size zip lock if they fit, or go to the larger size zip locks on the market. I always press all the air out before I zip them up.
Here is the recipe for my cedar sachets....
Go to the pet store and buy cedar chips-more space for the aroma to release, inexpensive too...a big bag is around $5.00
Buy these cool self closing large tea bags...I bought mine at the health food store.
Then just stuff them 1/2 to 3/4 full and iron close.
Lastly, tuck the sachets into the chest of the folded sweater and seal up in the zip lock bag and store for the season. Happy Summer!

No comments: