Wednesday, May 16, 2007







Hello....Today I wanted to share the recipes for my famous quiche tarts loaded with pics...Every one I have made these for, raves about them...they are yummy!!!!The first step is to get either the ready made pie shells or Pillsbury's frozen pie crust, roll it out real thin and place into tart pans-available sometimes at home goods, if you don't have the tart pan use the foil pie tin the pastry comes in...Okay here is the recipe:
Flaky pastry dough-I buy ready made because I have two children...
4-6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups half and half or heavy cream(depends on the fat content you want to enjoy)
pinch of salt
pinch of herbes de provance
pinch of pepper
8 oz. of swiss cheese
mix all of these ingredients together in a bowl, and set aside.
now in the bottom of the tart pan add a mixed assortment of veggies-I used in this recipe-asparagus, zucchini, squash, spinach.
then I added a layer of the egg and cheese mixture, sprinkled some more pepper on it, and wha la..ready for the oven.
set the oven to 375, and bake from 35-45 or so minutes-use the fork test to check that its done....
some other mixtures i have found to be delicious:
crab meat and asparagus
bacon, onion and spinach
broccoli, spinach, onion, and cauliflower
Hope you enjoy!!!!!!
I'd love tho hear onay combos you might have..let me know.....xoxo marie

No comments: