Friday, May 11, 2007

making the old new again






I just wanted to share two projects that I just completed renewing old clothes. One is.... I bought this cardigan at a thrift store, and I loved it but did not need another plain jane-so I had some old lace-a tablerunner I think and I sewed it around the collar and left the two ends to dangle so that they could serve as a large collar, or you can tie them at the top like a bow. I recieved many poitive comments and it looks great.
Project two was to take old pieces of fabric and sew them together in uneven squares, add elastic at the top and sew-would you believe it-an old curtain valance at the bottom to add length, spark, and finish to the piece. let me know your creative ideas for renewing your old clothes...thanks xoxo marie

No comments: