Tuesday, June 5, 2007

well it is a reality! We are Moving....




Come August 15th we will be going west...Southwest that is.....I am so excited yet a little scared. I have been hoping for an adventure for quite some time...now it is a reality. I have just started to pack the boxes up one at a time. Just one foot in front of the other comes to mind.
Here are some pictures of the beautiful adobe we purchased from the nicest couple ever. They had hand built it so it comes with a lot of love.
Our renovations will include a studio for me...tee hee-finally somewhere to put all of my art materials...., and office for my husband, all nestled into the rocks...it should fit right into the landscape just as the adobe does, and we will build in adobe brick as well. We are going totally off grid, including grey water reclamation...I am even going to try my hand at desert gardening for fruits, veggies, and flowers...any ideas out there?
So we are packing our bags...and following a dream we have had for a long time....
In the meantime I'll share some of my favorite things about the Hamptons, and the folks that make it up...sort of sharing memories...xoxo marie

No comments: