Monday, March 12, 2007

the world in a teacup

I have to laugh..It has taken me about fifty excuses, and many a times going to this blog spot to start typing the first message, and backing off. So today when I was faced with finally typing the first entry, I looked into my teacup, saw the whole world and thought there is no better day than today to begin.
So here I am.
This blog is going to be a creative journey, hopefully a time for all of us to share and create beauty in our days.
So where does the tea cup come in? I guess it is a way for me to start the day in beauty.
I love to collect old teacups. I have some bone china petite florals, some aqua blue ones, old english ones..I just love all the pretty patterns, colors, and daintiness of the teacups. I find such beauty in staring at the cup as I boil my water to prepare the tea. It is funny how the day proceeds from the way I prepare and drink my tea. Sometimes I don't even see the cup and my day is harried and rushed, other days I take my time and enjoy the shape, the colors, the process of making the teas, and on these days my life runs smoother, more beauty seems to flow in. OOps I am rambling again...So as I enjoy the roundness of the cup, seeing the seasons, the circular motion of a day I prepare an old tea recipe my grandmother gave me. Let me share:
Grandma's carmel tea
For 1 cup of tea
2 Tbs. loose black tea (use less for a weaker cup of tea)
1/2 carmel chopped up(more carmel if you like it sweeter)
place tea and carmel in a coffee press, or tea pot
that has been warmed up
pour boiling water and let steep until the carmel dissolves, strain, and pour into a warmed tea cup.

enjoy!!
If you have any family tea recipes you would like to share please feel free.
As soon as I figure out how to post photos I will, I am a little slow on the uptake of how to do that. thanks for your patience.
xoxo Marie

No comments: