Saturday, March 17, 2007

Margot's 8th birthday









It is hard to believe it is Margots 8th birthday. Time does pass by quickly-I think back to the time I thought diapers would never end-and now she's 8...It is funny how when we are in the thick of things time seems never to end....And then there is the quickness of time when we are hopping through life, caught up in our daily to do's that life seems to run away...So it is true that what you focus on slows down time, and makes your perception of your world. So, here is how I slowed down time for Margot's birthday. I made things.
First I made a birthday banner similar to Pam Garrisons on her blog-Pam Garrison.typepad.com. I took some old wallpaper, drew a cake on it with glitter, wrote happy birthday with glitter, collaged around it, added silk flowers,and satin ribbon and hung it with a skirt hanger. I'll keep adding as time goes by and inspiration calls... All in the hopes that she would feel special by looking at it.
I also made the girls birthday books, in which I write down important things that happened to them during the year, what their favorite things were, favorite memories, party guests, and any other tidbits of info they might like to know about in the future. I made made the books from old comp books, which I glued old wallpapre samples to, then I glazed them with gloss medium to keep the corners down and give it a protective surface. Again I will keep adding on as inspiration calls.
The last little special treat I did was to buy her flowers, her choice for her birthday-Flowers make everyone feel special, so that is going to be a new tradition in our family.
So these are three little things I did to slow down and focus on my Margot's birthday and on her to make her feel special. I'd love to hear your ideas for special birthdays- you can write me in the comments section. thanks...
the rest of the pics in this post are of the birthday table etc. I am not sure how to turn the pictures right side up so unfortunately until I get some help in that department it will be an adventure in new perspective. P.S. Margot, the birthday girl, is in the middle of the group photo making a funny face. xoxo

No comments: