Thursday, February 11, 2010

Creative Tuesdays on Thursday....OOPS

Creative Tuesday on Thursady...Ooops....Lets talk about Elimination.


Thats something I need to do alot of as I went a bit overboard this month trying to buy pretty clothes for an upcoming photo shoot.  What this little excercise did for me was to help me eliminate alot of false promises in clothing and I got creative with what I own.  I also saw how much much of my stuff looked an awful lot like what I was planning on buying...Go Figure...

So here is the excercie..
What is the narrowest definition of your problem.   My porblem was I was going way...way over budget. Were there quicker solutions?  My solution was to only buy what would be useful for a long time and did not resemble in any way what I already had.  So I returned alot of stuff that just wasn't perfect.  I also looked at my old things in a new light.  Dusted them off, remade some pieces, and well GOT CREATIVE!

How else can you limit this problem?  Are there sub problems?  Well I guess I could quit buying...That is a toughie...maybe for lent...at least I am planning on storing the credit cards for lent...

What if nothing is done?  Well for me the stuff will own me instead of me owning the stuff.  Plus beacuse I promote leading a creative life...there is more to create if I am not always buying it.

Write down the problem, tuck it under your pillow and sleep on it and see what happens in the morning?
Wanna share your creative solutions to problems?  Maybe it is February and we are approaching lent...but doesn't february seem to be a month where we are either eliminating or readjusting? HMMM..maybe it is just me. 

No comments: