Sunday, November 16, 2008

Marie French Bio

My jewelry is a blend of the eclectic, a mixture of the rugged Southwest with the magic realism of the Spanish colonial period. I mix pearls, rhinestones, southwestern hand stamped conchos, with heavily wrought silver, hand cast vintage and antique crosses, medals and milagros. Each piece is a wearable intention, a shrine of beauty, and a stimulus for affirmative change. In some of the pieces I include secret messages, and others I make to serve specific ends...Each has a bit of magic, because I believe magic is seeing the beautiful in life and living it....

The pieces are available in fine galleries, hotels,and retailers in the southwest, and north east. I have been written up in the New York Times for my Prayers for Peace exhibit, and have shown my work in museums, and galleries in the Northeast and Southwest. For a full bio, or to contact me please email me at: frenchvert@hotmail.com

No comments: