Wednesday, December 19, 2007

desert wisdom


You know sometimes we forget this wisdom that certain areas give us...so I would like to share some of the desert wisdom passed on to me.
Cats repel rattlesnakes-especially cats raised on roadkill rattlesnakes, left a bit hungry.
bring your small animals inside at night because they make tasty appetizers for mountain lions, coyotes, and owls...
to build a composting toilet just get a five gallon bucket, fill it with peat moss, go ...whatever and cover with peat moss, the compost it for non edible gardens...
Your septic is bound to go out so pee but no tissue in the toilet...please do flush your number two tissue....
use your plastic bags for insulation..
creosote bush is a great antioxidant...
remove your shoes before entering or your will constantly leave a dust trail.
you will have allergies your first year here-do to the dust....
water is precious need I say more...
Houses take forever and cost a ton to build-that's why you see so many trailers....
start your garden in the late fall-October/November....
and other than that....I don't know but I'll keep you informed as I learn more....xoxo marie

No comments: