Tuesday, November 27, 2007






We have finally made it to Texas...our wild blue yonder experiment...Our experiment is how close as a family can we get to living sustainably..yet comfortably? Here are photos of our house in progress...Very slow progress. We are renovating an existing structure built from rasta block-aka recycled materials, adding water catchment cisterns(about six 1500 gallon tanks), a paper crete art and office studio, and a carport which will hold our solar panels as we are going completely solar...Now as this is an experiment we will of course have downfalls and triumphs...but each day at a time..
I am now renovating my etsy site to include crafting kits, and some pieces of the things I will create...
I am also teaming up with epertvillage.com and videotaping some of the art projects I teach and produce..again I am trying to go sustainable, and as it is a work in progress I am sure in time I will create more and more that is sustainable...
These kits, and supplies will be available on mariefrench.etsy.com
I am working on container gardens and container orchards here in the desert...we shall see, and I will keep you posted......
so all and all we'll see how creative we can be...any helpful posts and ideas are always welcome.....xoxxooo marie

No comments: